Summit City Ink Sketch Challenge

This week's sketch challenge is the Elephantmen!

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Troll and The Giant


Trolls are grumpy, smelly creatures who dwell in basements and are online at all hours of the day.

Women in particular are terrified of Trolls and will have nothing to do with them.


When Trolls aren’t online finding out about the next superhero film before everyone else, they’re online criticizing superhero films that have already come out.


There is nothing a Troll hates more than a Giant who has created a bad superhero film.


This is the premise of The Troll and The Giant, a book I’m in the process of writing and illustrating. The particular Troll of my story is so angry about the last superhero film he saw, he has decided to do more than just write angry blog posts or light up message boards with colorful rants. This Troll has decided to be the first of his kind to confront his target in person.

I won’t spoil the results here, but if you’re a fan of comics and are at all familiar with how passionate we geeks get about the medium (and the movies based on them), you will enjoy this story.

The Troll and The Giant will make its debut next month at the Summit City Comic Con. Along with the book, I will be selling sketch cards, prints and sketches. And I can draw other things besides Trolls. Like that Batman character people are always talking about.

So if you’re at the show, stop by and check everything out. Hope to see you there!

6 comments:

  1. People NEED to buy this book at SCCC. The pages that I saw look amazing Matt, and I cannot wait to see the completed project.

    Great premise, wonderfully fun art, just all around great looking stuff. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the very kind words, Zack! Glad you're diggin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey man, I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. It looks awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got to read it last night. It's so fun and I'm not even Troll like!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go, Matt! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete