Summit City Ink Sketch Challenge

This week's sketch challenge is the Elephantmen!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Meep Meep...


So I kinda got to thinking about this subject and wondered what the Road Runner sees when he gobbles up all of that bird seed that the Coyote leaves out for him and I came to the quick determination that it works like catnip or PCP. 

Then I started wondering what terrifying delusions and nightmarish Hells he encounters when he's whacked out on seed. This is what I came up with. It's very Steve Ditko inspired and I'm sure you can spot the figure that I swiped directly from one of Ditko's early Charlton sci-fi books. (Incidentally, it's from Ditko's rendition of Rumpelstiltskin in issue #14 of THING!)

I dunno. I had a lot of fun with this piece. There are a lot of things that I would have liked to have done better, but despite it's flaws I just kind of cut loose on this one and, overall, I'm pleased with it. I'm also getting much more comfortable with the coloring. I'm getting close to the look that I want, but I'm not quite there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment